The Seminar consists of minicourses and invited lectures in the mornings, workshops after lunch and a poster session. All participants are encouraged to participate in all activities, specially the poster session. There are some social events.
The schedule of the mini-courses, invited lectures, poster session and other activities of ISAGA is ready to download in pdf format.
Minicourses and Invited Lectures
- X. Gual (Univ. Jaume I), L.M. Cruz-Orive (Univ. Cantabria): "Steorology"
- J.M.M. Senovilla (UPV/EHU): "Geometry of submanifolds in Lorentzian geometry with applications"
- O. Garay, J. Arroyo (UPV/EHU), R. Lipowsky (Max Planck Institute): "Curvature energy minimizers: Shaping elastic rods and flexible
- R. Kamien (Univ. Pennsylvania): "Materials Geometry: An Introduction (survey on Geometry and Physics; geometry of smectics)"
- Yong Seung Cho (Ewha Women's University, Korea): "Group Actions on Gauge Theory"
- Massimo Ferri (Univ. Bologna): "Geometrical Methods in Application and Industry in Italy."
- A. Micheletti (Univ. degli Studi di Milano): "Statistical Shape Analysis and Applications."
- A. Vietri (Univ. La Sapienza): "A geometrical-combinatorial analysis of vowel phoneme dissimilarities."
- Giovanni Garibotto (ELSAG, Genova): "3-D geometric Reasoning in Security Applications."
- Angel Ferrandez and Jose Pastor (Univ. Murcia): "Geometry applied to DNA"
- Frank Morgan (Williams College, USA): "Geometric Measure Theory and Soap Bubbles"
- Stefan Haesen (K. U. Leuven, Belgium): "Understanding vision through geometry"
Workshops and other activities
- Jose Martinez Aroza (Univ. Granada): "Fractals"
- Miguel Cabrerizo (Univ. Granada): "Physics in Action"
- Ceferino Ruiz (Univ. Granada): "Geometry in the Alhambra"
- Exhibition of sculptures made by local artist Baltasar Pradas